COVID-19 Statement & Store Policies
Covid-19 Impact - Updated @ 3/21/20
As you are all well aware, the entire country is in a bit of turmoil right now deciding how to deal with the Covid-19 virus outbreak. We don't know how this will all end up, but we are confident in the resilience of the American population and the American economy to weather any storm that comes our way.
At Ducati Omaha we are taking reasonable precautions and heeding the warnings from the CDC and state health agencies to minimize the risk to our customers and staff. While the situation is fluid, with new guidelines issues by government agencies almost daily, we felt it was important to let everyone know what we have done and plan to do on our end, given the current situation. Right now it's looking like the situation through the end of March is going to be a near-lock-down for most people, with schools closed and many businesses closed.
Ducati Omaha retail store is open FOR LIMITED RETAIL TRAFFIC ONLY through the end of March:
OUR RETAIL SHOWROOM IS CLOSED FOR CASUAL BROWSING AT THIS TIME, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEB SITE AT DUCATIOMAHA.COM TO VIRTUALLY BROWSE OUR BIKES, APPAREL AND ACCESSORIES.
BIKE PRESENTATION AND DEMO RIDES BY APPOINTMENT – CALL 402-408-4400 - WE ARE HAPPY TO ACCOMMODATE YOU!
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ENTER THE STORE FOR:
- SERVICE PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF (Or call for a pickup)
- ORDER PICK-UP / PARTS PURCHASE
- COURIER DELIVERIES
Bascially, the policy is get in, get what you need, get out. Ha ha! Well, we don't want it to sound so harsh, but we don't feel we'd be doing our duty to protect the community if we still had groups of people milling around in our showroom like normal at this time. HOPEFULLY we'll be back to that in April, and we'll be so happy to have you all back hanging out at the store again, we'll have a lot to catch up on!
Here is a list of what we are doing in the store while we're here, and what we are asking of our staff and customers in term of in-store safety during this time:
- We are cleaning and disinfecting all common contact surfaces in the store multiple times per day
- We are practicing safe social distancing, avoiding skin-to-skin contact, etc.
- Any staff members who exhibit any symptoms of an upper respiratory nature or feeling ill are being asked to work from home
- Customers are requested (even though we LOVE you all) to avoid socially gathering in the store - PLEASE stay in touch on social media or give us a call, we'd love to chat!
- While we are happy to facilitate purchases of apparel and riding gear, we are not allowing items to be tried on in the store - we encourage customers to shop on our website, and we'll ship to you for FREE or you can pick up at the store.
- If you need to pick something up at the store, but don't want to come inside, just let us know when you arrive in the parking lot and we'll run it out to your car
Obviously the health of our customers and staff is THE most important consideration. That being said, we also need to REMAIN IN BUSINESS in order to best serve our customers and keep our staff employed into the future after this crisis is over! Luckily we operate a diverse business with a very large national and international internet mail-order component, which is thus far only minimally impacted. However, we also need to SELL and SERVICE Ducati motorcycles during this CRITICAL Spring season in order to remain a healthy and viable business! This is normally our busiest time of the year heading into the Spring season in April and May, we need your business during this time! To that end, we have options for you:
- If you are interested in considering the purchase of a new Ducati, we have a large selection IN STOCK NOW, and we want to show them to you! If you're comfortable coming to the store, you can call to set up an appointment and we'll show you the bike of your dreams, and can set up a demo ride if weather permits. Or we will BRING IT TO YOU if you aren't comfortable coming to the store. We'll load it up in our Ducati van, and bring it right to your house! Just contact us and we'll get it arranged!
- We have re-activated our FREE bike pickup service like we did over the Winter for motorcycle service, just contact us and we'll come pick your bike up and bring it in for service.
If you all support US, we'll remain here for YOU!
LOCAL SMALL BUSINESS SUPPORT:
We ask you to please don't forget about all of the other small locally-owned businesses in your community that you rely on in good times, it's during these challenging times that they need your support the most! The large national retailers will be fine, their stock prices will dip and recover, they'll lay off staff and then rehire, etc. The small business who gets hit hard for a month or two may not be able to recover. So what can you do?? Get take-out meals from your favorite restaurants, buy online gift certificates from your favorite retail stores to spend later, call and place orders over the phone or on websites, stay in touch and let your favorite small businesses know that you are WITH THEM during this difficult time! Don't let your favorite businesses go away because of this stupid virus! As soon as it's over, you'll wish you had those businesses back again, but it will take YEARS to rebuild once things are lost!
The BEST news of all, is that we enjoy a virtually virus-risk-free hobby, put your helmet on and go for a ride and you have virtually no chance of contracting any viruses! As Spring approaches, embrace motorcycling with a passion, it will keep you SANE and HAPPY! We'll be riding as much as possible ourselves!
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS!